External Ultrasound Pregnancy Detectors
Which is best for you?
Get the most from your livestock investment with external ultrasound pregnancy detectors from Animark:
- Safer than internal ultrasound or palpation
- No more vet bills for preg checking
- Easy to use, check in 1-2 minutes, as often as you like
- Cull, keep, or rebreed on accurate information
- 98% accurate at detecting pregnancy
How does an Animark ultrasound machine detect pregnancy?
When an animal’s egg has been fertilized, one of the first indicators of pregnancy is that the uterus begins to thicken and change tone to protect the embryo. Used externally, ultrasound signals from Pregscan or Pregtest will reflect back off this thickened tissue. This signal is displayed as a column of lights indicating how far the signal has traveled before it came to the tissue interface. The denser the tissue interface, the stronger the signal. This change in tone is usually apparent after 14 days from fertilization in horses and 22 days for cattle.